Thursday, August 18, 2011

Wedding bells

I stood there looking at the cross
A cold wind that touched me gently
The purity that held me in drapes
Diamonds that shone through its cuts finely
Alas! I felt I looked pretty
I closed my eyes in prayer
As I felt Gods will being in power

I had walked a mile holding his (Dad)
Hand / He smiled happily
He knew he had to let go this once
And so he was ready to do so, peacefully
I followed his (fiance) eyes across the room
Getting lost into those tiny beads
My heart skipped to musical beats
As I felt the stares that filled the room
Yet he stood there calmly
It all seemed as perfect as destiny

I seemed to have reached even before
I could freeze my steps to admire
Tears filled as I thought
This was indeed ‘the beauty of God’s blessing’
For I had put up a calm fight
I knew the value of what I would be missing
If he didn’t stand beside me
If life had another truth so bare..

As chants filled the air
And songs added to the flair
I was lost in it like always
I felt accord with it in all ways
I focused at the cross again
Seeing it had finally happened
Then I realized a rare truth
“I had my whole world in my hand”
I was crowned and tied in a knot
My commitment for which I sought
For as it lay on my head
I saw the last wink of acceptance

So many witnessed it and so did they (parents)
Their tears that showed I was their life
For I was washed in their blood
And brought in their values
Tensions that crept their faces

Given a chance she would have flood
For she is the good old wife (mom)

I walked back happily
To be greeted by the smiles
Of all whom I loved so deeply
Flashes took away every second
Life’s so turned precious memories
Registered in my mind

I walked amidst the newly bond (in laws)
Sparkling like a star
Proudly as I still held his hand
Finding my life at par
Being united with them
That I secretly loved and cared
Holding their raw gem
I silently promised
“I’ll only be his”
N then the heavens poured
We all believed we had been blessed
For our Life had nothing more to miss
Than this heavenly bliss…..

No comments:

Post a Comment